Have you ever thought about traveling in an RV and working on the Road? We have been traveling and working on the road for over two years. One of the most asked questions we hear is, how can I make a living and travel? Google will pull up countless travel bloggers. But, is it realistic to think you can just pop on your favorite bikini or speedo, take Instagram photos of exotic places and make a living? For some yes, but for most of us the answer is no.
Anyone can travel full time and make living if you can think outside the box and are willing to work for it. Grab a notebook and take notes of some of the ways we have made money on the road. Finally, we will discuss ways you can tap into your talents to make a full time traveling income.
Workamping is a term used for people that work and camp. It can include working for site only or working for pay or a combination of both. Workamping is a relatively easy way to get out of your normal life, get on the road and integrate with other full time travelers. Some will provide housing and some do not.
Below you will find some of the most popular workamping gigs:
- National Parks
- State Parks
- Sugar Beet Harvest
- Fireworks, Pumpkin and Christmas Tree Lots
2. Remote Income
We all have skills. It’s simple. Look at your current skills and your current job.
- Can you possibly take your job on the road with you?
- Can you find a new job that is strictly remote?
- What fantastic skills do you already have that will allow you to start your own business?
- Do what you love?
Need help? Check out Camille Attell as she has built an entire business around helping others create a remote income with their current skills.
3. Travel Jobs
Not all travel jobs are glamorous and there are many opportunities to make a great living and be able to travel.
- Mobile RV Technicians
- Traveling Sales
- Insurance Adjusters
- A variety of construction jobs that include electricians, welders, etc.
4. Start Your Own Business
- Blogging may or may not bring in a lot of money right away, but with the proper niche, blogging has proven to be a very good business for some. Check out our blog on How to Start a Blog.
- Etsy Shop
- Virtual Assistant
- Affiliate Marketing
Believe it or not this is just a sampling of the opportunities that are available that will provide you the opportunity to travel and make a living. We hope that this gets your brain churning and now you see that a traveling life is possible for everyone.